Friday, April 22, 2011

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kubuntu Natty is on the way!











Wow, it seems like just a few months ago we did the planning for this release, at UDS-N. Now beta time is almost done, and Natty Narwhal will emerge fully-formed. It really has been an amazing ride, and I'd like to thank the Kubuntu team for all their wonderful work.

Also, without the encouragement of first the Linuxchix, and then Ubuntu-Women, I never would have been part of it. A minor part, but I did my best to help out where I could.

In this next cycle, Oneiric Ocelot, I'll be less involved with UDS-O, since I'm attending remotely. However, I *really want* to work on the Kubuntu documentation this cycle, and I resolve to do so.

3 comments:

  1. yeah...and it's still buggy... (i've the last version, everything updated)
    it doesn't freeze anymore every few hours as 10.10, but i've to manually enable the wifi from the plasmoid, as it doesn't keep the setting.. and sometimes (quite a lot really) the text just get messy, i've to close and reopen the app (kmail, firefox, libreoffice, and others).. expecially kmail scrolling long emails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm a little bit in GNOME and KDE schizophrenia. I switch them every few months and can't really decide. Maybe it's time for another round with Kubuntu ? Thanks to all hard working women of Ubuntu (sensu largo) community (and men, let's not be discriminating ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, be sure to file bug reports! Lots and lots. The devels need your input as a beta tester. Thanks for that work which is necessary to make it better.

    I did not have time to do that this cycle.

    ReplyDelete