Still trying to organize my thoughts after the UDS in Orlando. While the election results are distracting, I think it's important to analyze what lies ahead, and get moving before the holidays hit.
1. We need to hold leadership elections, and transfer power over the Launchpad team to the leadership.
2. We need to begin scheduling and hold regular meetings, even if they are only in IRC.
3. We need to get the official logbot in our #ubuntu-us-wa channel on Freenode. Linda is requesting that, so I hope it will happen soon.
4. We need to look at the calendar and plan some Team events, so advance planning can take place.
5. We need to figure out how to get monthly reports done monthly, so that we can get approval!
In the discussion about increasing diversity in the Ubuntu Community, Pici posted a great link, which might be helpful in how we conduct our LoCo team: http://freenode.net/catalysts.shtml
Ubuntu Community Local Teams
There are some exciting plans ahead. Some of them (from Ubuntu LoCo Council Items for the Natty Cycle):
* Community leaders to sign the Leadership Code of Conduct in Launchpad
* Team Re-approvals from the LoCo Directory instead of wiki pages
* Move content from the wiki to the LoCo Directory
* Standard Team Re-approval form
* Standards for teams, a set of guidelines: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Standards
* Update the standard Application to include Team reports and give more details
* Enforce the team naming standards [this can't happen soon enough, IMO]
PS: May 9-13 UDS-O, Budapest! Lay your plans now. :-)